Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I can't believe I'd never seen it!

One of the perks about being out of college and living at home is that if a movie gets popped in, I don't feel bad watching it. I don't get those... "I have so much homework to do"..."I could be doing something more productive right now" thoughts running through my head. Well today my brother decided to pop in a movie before going to Young Men's. Once I helped him save him from a fate worse than death (forgetting the treats for the boys, you know boys and their food, I sat down to watch the movie. I join in on a tale of a brave little mouse with unusually large ears on a quest to save a princess. The movie I am talking about is the Tale of Despereaux. I've heard about the movie and the book but I've never seen or read either of them and you know what I can't believe I hadn't seen it til now. It is so heart warming! It is one of the cutest movies that I've seen in a while.

I love the messages in this movie. It talks about courage, what it is to be a gentleman, forgiveness, etc. One message that I especially loved was the idea that we shouldn't let other people define who we are. The mice were supposed to cower and scurry and avoid humans but Despereaux refused to do all those things. He wanted to be brave and have adventures and even when the other mice through him out he still worked towards being the best that he could be. I think there is something to be said for that.



If you haven't seen it, check it out. I'm sure you'll love it :)

1 comment: